Join us for a fun and playful all-level hot flow sequence as Steph spins a blend of contemporary hit music! Elements of music therapy and yoga will be intertwined with a coordinated playlist of electronic, pop, dance, and reggae to provide an energetic rhythm for practice.
How can Good Vibrations deepen your practice?
* A mindfully crafted soundscape can provide opportunities for students to experience positive physiologic responses to music and movement. This stimulation can enhance a yoga practice as the body and breath naturally entrain to rhythm.
* Our central nervous systems inherently match beat and tempo, making movements natural and automatic, which can further be explored with breath work in a vinyasa flow.
* The brain responds positively to predictable, structured, and organized sound, which can either be used to energize or unwind the body when the music is deliberately chosen with these intentions.
* As music taps into emotional experiences and memories, we often notice therapeutic effects when using music to work through areas of discord or tension.
* Music provides a space for fun, social connection! Anthropologists and ethnomusicologists have found that all cultures throughout time and history have had active musical traditions, serving to connect community and enhance self-expression of the times.
Friday, April 7, 2017
7:15 pm - 9:15 pm
Cost: Drop in $17
(All class passes accepted)
*** Sign up on regular class schedule