We believe yoga is accessible to everyone, no matter what their limitations.
Each posture and practice can be modified to allow students to develop a strong, healthy, safe yoga routine.
In addition to the Brand New Beginner’s course listed below.
Metrowest Yoga offers a variety of options for students new to yoga. There are classes geared toward beginner’s on our regular schedule. See Schedule page and look for classes with “beginner” in title. The “Slow Flow” classes are also a good place for newer students who want to start a bit slower. .
Brand New Beginner’s Course
This is course is offered on Sunday afternoons. It is a 6 week course, no drop-ins.
Pre-Sign up is required for this course. Please call 617-710-5405 to register.
Please Note: Groupons cannot be used for this course.
The dates for the next 2 courses in 2014 are as follows;
Westboro — 12:30pm – 1:30pm
1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26; 2/2, 2/9
Worcester– 10:45am- 11:45am
1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, 2/9
This course is a great way to begin your journey into Yoga. We’ll teach you the fundamental principles of the Myoga Hatha series and some of the basics of Myoga Flow. The course will work quickly to improve your posture, alleviate pain, and focus your mind. The breathing we practice sends calming signals to your parasympathetic nervous system that will make you feel relaxed and energized. You will also find you sleep better and want to eat better as well. After 6 sessions, you will understand why yoga is the oldest, most effective system of wellness in existence. We encourage all beginner’s to attend this course as well as intermediate students to help them deepen their understanding of the practice and the basics of how yoga works. Each class builds on the next.
This course will provide students with a guide book that illustrates the basic postures and describes in simple detail the basics of yoga and the principles we teach at Metrowest Yoga.
Each course will inlcude a detailed instruction manual and a free mat!
If you miss one of the six classes in a session, you can make it up with the next one.
Please contact either studio to find out when the next course begins. See Tuition page for cost infomation.
Important tips for beginners…
- Come to class 10 minutes before start time.
- All students can drop in to any class on the regular schedule. (Beginner’s Course requires sign-up).
- Packages of classes can be purchased to reduce cost. Please check the “rates” page for cost information.
- If you are late for class, we leave the door open for about 15 minutes after class starts. The person at the front door will lock the door to secure belongings. So the studio is locked while class is in session after the first 15 minutes.
- The studio is open 30 minutes before and after each class unless otherwise noted. Purchases can be made at the retail store during those times. Check the class schedule for class times.
- Avoiding eating if possible two hours before class. If necessary, eat a piece of fruit or a light snack.
- Bring a towel, you will sweat!
- Wear comfortable clothing that is not too baggy, you will have your head upside down for some of the class.
- Please hydrate yourself before class and afterward to replace fluids.
- Be considerate. Wash your mat regularly to avoid smell. Mats can be washed and dryed in Machine with Baking Soda or similar product. Avoid using soap as it makes the mat slippery.
- Avoid using lotion on hands or feet to avoid slipping.
- Yoga is mindful. Try to avoid a lot of excess movements and distractions.
- If cell phone is necessary, please put it on vibrate.
- Have FUN!
Everyone ends the practice by saying the word “Namaste” which means “The light in me, honors and bows to the light in you”.