Metrowest Yoga 500 Hour RYT certification
Metrowest Yoga is excited to offer a comprehensive but flexible advanced Teacher Training with master teachers and Continued Education courses.
Elements of our 500-Hour Training Program Include:
Yoga History & Philosophy
- Hatha Yoga’s lineage and history
- Exploring and understanding the Chakra’s
- Study of Upanishads, Vedanta texts and ancient metaphor
- Understanding the Vayu’s and Earth Elements relationship to yoga
- Exploring and learning the art of Chanting
- Study of the 8 limb path
- Pratyahara , self-study, turning inward through journaling and discussion
Anatomy and Physiology
- Movement Principles and why they’re important
- Injury prevention
- Anatomy of asana/poses in a typical Vinyasa and Metrowest Hatha class
- How consistent practice affecrts our health and defense systems including the endocrine and lymphatic systems
- Breathing anatomy and Pranayama
- Meditation techniques
- Therapeutic yoga
- How to work effectively with private clients
- Advanced yoga asanas, alignment & modifications
- Hands-On Assisting
- How to teach restorative yoga
- Teaching to beginners and keeping them safe
- Teaching intermediate and advanced students
- How to teach “All-Levels” classes
- How to teach meditation
All applicants must submit an application to formally apply to Metrowest Yoga’s 300-hr Vinyasa Flow® certification program. See attached application below.
All requirements must be completed for certification within 18 months. Extensions may be granted by the Director Shawn Shaw and additional fees may be incurred.
300-hr Program Requirements:
- A total of 270 contact hours must be completed by attending all required modules and any chosen elective modules
- Complete 30 hours of non contact hours that include homework, practicum, volunteering, workshops and classes not included in 270 hours
- Develop and Offer a workshop to other teacher trainees (topic to be approved by Director)
- Participate in teaching practicums and exercises
- Attend 10 and observe 5 Metrowest Yoga Flow® classes taught by approved teachers
- Finish all Homewok Assignments and Journaling as assigned
- Complete all written assessments and final exam
Elective modules must be approved and can be discussed with the director Shawn Shaw. The intention is that students use the electives to develop a specialty or choose a facet of yoga to further pursue. Modules can be completed at MetrowestYoga through the Continued Education courses and or workshops, or at an approved studio/center. A total of 60 elective hours are required.
Elective Examples:(not limited to)
- Retreats offered with Shawn Shaw
- Continued Education courses offered at Metrowest Yoga
- Beginners Course with Shawn Shaw
- Approved workshops offered at Metrowest Yoga
Required Study/Reading Materials
The following is a list of required materials necessary to complete Om Work and assignments. In addition there may be other reading materials that are necessary as suggested by the Faculty.
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Atlas of Human Anatomy 6th edition
- B.K.S. Iyengar Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health
200 hour RYT (program hours total 300 to bridge the 200)
3 Day weekend hours
Friday’s 4pm – 9pm
Saturday’s and Sunday’s 9am-5pm
COURSE FEE + PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Course Fee: $3500* – Check out EARLY REGISTRATION + FULL PAY discounts below.
OPTION I: $3300: Pay in full by June 1st, 2015 (Save $200)
OPTION II: $3400: Early Registration Discount Rate. ($100 discount) Pay the $400 deposit only by April. 30th 2015, with a payment plan of $300/month for 10 consecutive months
OPTION III: $3500: Pay the $500 deposit, with a payment plan of 10 consecutive monthly installments of $300
Full deposit payment of $500 is needed to secure your placement. This payment is non-refundable.
This fee does not include the additional required reading list materials or electives
NOTE: program hours total 300 to bridge the 200
10% discount offered on class passes except monthly, monthly autopay and yearly passes.
15% discount on Continued Education courses, workshops and electives offered at Metrowest Yoga
Make a payment or deposit:
or Pay Later