Metrowest Yoga 500 Hour RYT certification
Metrowest Yoga is proud to offer a comprehensive but flexible advanced Teacher Training with amazing well known, respected faculty.
Elements of our 500-Hour Training Program Include:
Yoga History & Philosophy
* The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (Yoga Sutras and Texts)
Anatomy & Physiology
* Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
* Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
* How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations; teaching styles; qualities of a teacher
David Nichtern: a senior meditation teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche. David has been the Director of Karme Choling Meditation Center in Vermont, Director of Buddhist Studies and Practice at OM Yoga Center and Director of Expansion for Shambhala Training Int’l.
Coeli Marsh: a student of Iyengar yoga. Coeli found the Baptiste method in 1998. She became a Master Baptiste Teacher with a specialization in the craft of training teachers and classroom assistants. She is the founder of the Teachers Study Project, a training and mentoring school for professional yoga teachers.
Theresa Murphy: E-RYT 500 has over 16 years of teaching experience, including 10 years leading yoga teacher trainings. Theresa offers one of the most comprehensive teacher training programs available, sharing her vast knowledge of asana, anatomy, alignment, yoga philosophy and meditation with students throughout the U.S.
Monika Nataraj: Co-Founder, Director at Dharamsala Film Festival, Creatix at monikanataraj.net and Core Faculty at Omega Institute. She studied at Agama Yoga. Monika has brought Mystical Dance®, Tantric teachings and yoga to 20 countries around the globe and to thousands of people as she delves into the inner connection of it all.
Johnny Gillespie: CSCS, NSCA-CPT, E-RYT is a revolutionary teacher of human movement. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). He is an ERYT through Yoga Alliance.
Shawn Shaw: The owner and Director of Metrowest Yoga in Westboro and Worcester. She has practiced yoga for over 30 years, but has studied extensively over the last 14 years and holds the highest certification awarded by Yoga Alliance (ERYT 500)
All applicants must submit an application to formally apply to Metrowest Yoga’s 300-hr Vinyasa Flow® certification program. See attached application below.
All requirements must be completed for certification within 18 months. Extensions may be granted by the Director Shawn Shaw and additional fees may be incurred.
300-hr Program Requirements:
- A total of 270 contact hours must be completed by attending all required modules and any chosen elective modules
- Complete 30 hours of non contact hours that include homework, practicum, volunteering, workshops and classes not included in 270 hours
- Develop and Offer a workshop to other teacher trainees (topic to be approved by Director)
- Participate in teaching practicums and exercises
- Attend 10 and observe 5 Metrowest Yoga Flow® classes taught by approved teachers
- Finish all Homewok Assignments and Journaling as assigned
- Complete all written assessments and final exam
Elective modules must be approved and can be discussed with the director Shawn Shaw. The intention is that students use the electives to develop a specialty or choose a facet of yoga to further pursue. Modules can be completed at MetrowestYoga through the Continued Education courses and or workshops, or at an approved studio/center. A total of 60 elective hours are required.
Elective Examples:(not limited to)
- Retreats offered with Shawn Shaw
- Continued Education courses offered at Metrowest Yoga
- Beginners Course with Shawn Shaw
- Approved workshops offered at Metrowest Yoga
Required Study/Reading Materials
The following is a list of required materials necessary to complete Om Work and assignments. In addition there may be other reading materials that are necessary as suggested by the Faculty.
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Atlas of Human Anatomy 6th edition
- B.K.S. Iyengar Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health
200 hour RYT (program hours total 300 to bridge the 200)
3 Day weekend hours
Friday’s 4pm – 9pm
Saturday’s and Sunday’s 9am-5pm
COURSE FEE + PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Course Fee: $3500* – Check out EARLY REGISTRATION + FULL PAY discounts below.
OPTION I: $3300: Pay in full by June 1st, 2015 (Save $200)
OPTION II: $3400: Early Registration Discount Rate. ($100 discount) Pay the $400 deposit only by April. 30th 2015, with a payment plan of $300/month for 10 consecutive months
OPTION III: $3500: Pay the $500 deposit, with a payment plan of 10 consecutive monthly installments of $300
Full deposit payment of $500 is needed to secure your placement. This payment is non-refundable.
This fee does not include the additional required reading list materials or electives
NOTE: program hours total 300 to bridge the 200
10% discount offered on class passes except monthly, monthly autopay and yearly passes.
15% discount on Continued Education courses, workshops and electives offered at Metrowest Yoga
Make a payment or deposit:
or Pay Later